Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Learning as I GO

Another season of Girls on the Run is upon me.  This is my fifth season and I have to say if the first practice is any indication, this is going to be the best season yet.  Those of you that followed my previous blog have heard about my experiences with GOTR before. One of the things I like most about coaching is that I learn more about myself each time I coach. 

When I started this blog it wasn't just about getting physically healthier.  GOTR not only trains girls to run a 5K, but it teaches them to live a complete healthy life: physically, mentally, and emotionally.  I think each season I learn a little more about myself with each lesson.  I am there to help these girls and serve as a role model.  With that, I have to practice what I preach.  So, as I hopefully get more healthy physically, I'm hoping to also get more healthy in all areas of my life. 

As our ending cheer says...Girls on the Run is SO MUCH FUN!

1 comment: